Friday, December 28, 2007

Katrina Kaif: Meaty roles for this damse


How far have you achieved as an actress in Welcome?
Films like Welcome and Partner are targeted at the audience. They’re important to me in terms of commercial viability. But if you ask me how far I’ve come as an actress, then films like Namaste London are more viable options as they give me larger scope to perform.


What have been the highlights of the year 2007 for you?
I had Namaste London, Apne, Partner, and Welcome… all these meant a lot to me.


And what were your personal achievements?
I was able to move ahead with certain things in my family – in terms of achieving a sense of security. Acquiring my house was also something that made me happy.


Do you have any particular ambition for the New Year?
Yes, I hope someone will offer me a role with a very strong character like the one I had in Namaste London! Hopefully 2008 will be an even more exciting year. I am looking forward to work with different film-makers and do projects that might give me the scope to perform. I have already signed some films for the next year, which look promising.


How come you agreed to do the Yash Raj multi-starer along with Ranbir, Bipasha, Deepika Padukone and Minissha Lamba?
I can’t say much about it right now, since YashRaj has not yet done any news publicity. When people see the film, they’ll understand why I chose to do this role.



How is Subhash Ghai’s Main Yuvraj shaping up?
It’s shaping up extremely well. This is one film where my role is very important. I’m really happy because this film gives me scope to act.

Source: http://www.xpress4me.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment