Thursday, December 6, 2007

christina aguilera

Christina Aguilera finally got to meet her idol Etta James and guess what she talked to her about…
“Oh, boy. I did. We did a photo shoot together for In Style actually ran a spread on you know, you and your current artist and their - and their icon. And for her - or for me, she’s always been that person, that favorite singer, that amazing vocalist that I’d always looked up to.

And when we sat down together, I was so nervous, because you never know, you know, who’s going to have maybe an ego or who’s going to be you know, kind of weird or you know, what goes on because every artist is different, but she was so down to earth and so real. And it was so refreshing and so nice to sit down with someone that you admire so much and then their personality just exceeds your expectations. And she was completely that for me.

She - oh, my God, she was just telling me that actually that - she called me an old soul and said that my voice actually reminded her of almost a Janis Joplin to a Dinah Washington and having that old soul - you know, so complimentary. I mean she made my life with her compliments and the things that she had to say. But you know, she also said you know, don’t pay attention to any of the negativity out there. You keep doing what you’re doing and don’t care what other people think. She’s like, because every time that you stand up for what you believe in - and these words will stick with me forever - every time you stand up for what you believe in, you’re sticking up for so many artists before you that never had that opportunity or that chance to

speak up for themselves. So, it’s a really stand up thing what you’re doing, but - because I always do try and voice my opinions of you know, where my headspace is at, what I’m thinking in general and I think a lot of artists shy away from that because they’re afraid of what other people might think of them. And it was just so inspiring to hear that, not only from another woman, but a woman that, you know, lived at a time whenever artists didn’t have any say-so over anything. And to hear that from her mouth and say that she was proud of me for doing what I’m doing, was such a huge compliment. It will stick with me forever. And we had such an amazing time on that shoot. We actually got to sing together and - amazing woman. Can’t say enough about her.”

original site

No comments:

Post a Comment